Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sometimes children need their grandma

I spent three days in Rose Park at my daughters house this week. I watch the two little ones on Wednesdays while their mother works at the elementary. The other two days that she works they go to a friends. I committed to watch them all three days this week and when I got to their home I found everybody to be sick. The two older children were home from school sick also. All four children had coughs, running noises, and fevers. There was someone coughing constantly the whole time I was there.

These three days were the best time I've ever spent with all four of them for a good number of hours. They weren't sick enough that they had to lay down all the time, and they weren't well enough to be miserable. They kept me busy all day, but they each took their turn for my attention. They loved the special little things I did for them. And they all returned love to me in a big way.

4 comments:

Becky Lewis said...

I am so glad you were there with them.

dream quilt create said...

That is really sweet. What a perfect grandmother and friend and mother you are!

Ryan Cowley said...

What a nice Grandma! We missed seeing you Sunday but it was good to see some of your family!

JoDell said...

I need to correct your post title. Wht it really should say is, "Daughters ALWAYS need their mothers!" I love you mom.