Tuesday, November 18, 2008

LIBERTY STAKE RELIEF SOCIETY

I have met some very special people in my life. People that I've grown to respect and love, because of, living by them, working with them, or rubbing shoulders with them. But most important are the friends that I have been blessed to serve with in the many callings I've received over the past 37 years. Three of those wonderful people came to South Jordan and we met at Archibald's restaurant at Gardner Village. They are, Kathy Froerer, Pat Songer, and Dianne Shaw. When we lived in Liberty, I was ask to serve with these gals in the Stake Relief Society. Only the Lord knows of the importance that this was to my life at that time. Only he knew of the desperate need I had to stretch in order to heal. No, really, I didn't even know, only he knew. This came about a year after my accident that left me with pretty bad head trauma. I didn't realize it then but I do now. Without the Lord putting me in situation's that I have to really rise to, I wouldn't be able to say that "I feel now that I survived that head trauma. It's taken 8 years!

My response at seeing my friends surprised me, I was very emotional, I cried. I only see them once a year and every time I do, something very very important is filled in my heart. I am so grateful that they instigate our reunion. They are all so amazing to me.

Our time together was spent catching up, and looking for Thanksgiving and Christmas Treasures while strolling through Gardner Village in all it's Holiday decor.

Thank you Kathy, Dianne, and Pat for touching my life.

1 comment:

Big D said...

Well mom... I'm glad that you finally realized that you do have friends up in the good ol valley. I'm also glad that you recognize the special spirit that those people have. Maybe now you'll realize why I hang on so tightly to my friends from up that way! I LOVE YOU!!!