Monday, April 20, 2009

Blanky for Hudson and Bloomers for Mia




I am closing up the sewing room for the summer. Some wonderful things have been created, planned, and sewn together this last year. Most of which has been recorded on this blog. Some things are on going, like the quilts that Hannah and Kacie are making with me. Bailey's (my brother's granddaughter)is going to make a quilt with me. I've also purchased some beautiful paisley material and a darling apron pattern that I want to make for my daughter's for Christmas this year. I have a red, white, lime green and pink jelly roll, that will make a quilt for my grandmas room.

Quilting will be a lost art if it's not past down to the younger generation. I remember my grandmother Allred quilting. I never had the opportunity to learn from her, but I am the recipient of some of her quilts. I did quilt some with my mother, and I wouldn't trade the last 38 years of quilting experiences I've had with many women from all over, for anything! It's important to me that I share this art with this younger generation. They are the ones that will carry on the traditions, of many women, throughout history, who have carefully designed and created quilts, that have given warmth and comfort to families and friends -- and many in need.

ANYWAY

I'm looking forward to working in my garden and having picnics with my grandchildren this summer.

4 comments:

Nielson said...

How cute! My mom just made some little pants like that for kennedy and I love them. I look forward to picnics too :) See ya on Saturday??

Ryan Cowley said...

I wish you lived closer! I would love to learn how to quilt!

Rhondi said...

Hi Cindy
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It's nice to meet you.
Rhondi

Just a bed of roses said...

thats a great idea to close the sewing room...at least until sept? Gives you freedom, doesnt it?
There is no way I can close my workroom down, I am still trying to find the floor and really want to paint and antique the cupboards in it.
It was so nice to see you and Hanna today, hope she had a neat 9th birthday with her Grandma Cindy, really special. She's a cutie!
Glad you love the blogging world and thanks for letting me add your blog onto mine, I know my contacts will love your depth and your adventures. And your children...Your oldest daughter...she's hilarious!