Saturday, December 27, 2008

1876 Cape Cod Collection


Christmas was as wonderful as I hoped. As I am cleaning up after our dinner I am thinking about the dishes that I am washing. Over 37 years ago my mother started collecting a Cape Cod Collection that was made in 1876. They make a beautiful table. I helped her serve dinner on them for many years and then she turned them over to me some 8 or so years ago. Being only one female in the family makes some things easy to pass on. I guess I'll just have to get more dishes so I can pass a set onto each daughter.

4 comments:

JoDell said...

Darn tootin'! 'Cause I get those red dishes!

Becky Lewis said...

My girls always claim things, "this is mine when you die", it's a big joke. I tell them it will be well used by that time. Okay, Starr is off all of next week, you tell me the day and I can meet you - Derwin's sister is in Bountiful, easy to find right off the freeway. What do you think?

Brandon and Carly said...

I have lots of memories on those red dishes too!!

Nielson said...

I know I'm not a daughter....maybe
we can do some kind of raffle.... They are gorgeous!!!