Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Christmas Tree Project each year

I have kept ornaments for 6 or 7 trees that I have either made or bought over the last several years. The one that I refer to the most is the Christmas tree we had when living in Macon Georgia. I had sold all of the Christmas decorations that I had before moving to Georgia. I needed all the money I'd could get to start over in a new place. Most everything was sold. SO when Christmas came around we didn't have any decorations, and no money. Somehow we were able to obtain a sad looking little tree that bent over. I don't know where it came from but we found one ornament, so we put it on the tree. That was it, no lights, just a bent tree with one ornament. I was a survivor back then, I wasn't very creative. We had hundreds of pine trees around us, why didn't we pick up the pine cones and tie a string and put them on the tree. I don't know!

Anyway, I can now give each of my children the decorations for a whole tree. I think next year, I'll put up all of them and let my children choose which one they want and I'll start over.

2 comments:

dream quilt create said...

I guess a lot of people go through hard, slim times, don't they? Those make the best memories too. That sounds like a great idea, to let your kids pick ornaments for themselves off the tree. You are a great mom, Cindy.

Ryan Cowley said...

I love reading about Christmas traditions! And I love that you do a new tree every year. That would be sooo fun!