Thursday, March 5, 2009

A PIPE BROKE


After I was finished power washing the steps to the front door, I turned off the house water from the tap. John went down stairs to get a piece of luggage from the storage room, and, the hall, the front of the storage room, the water heater room, and Dallins bedroom were standing in up to 1 1/2 inches of water. Where is it coming from? He didn't have time to find it because he had to leave to catch a plane for San Francisco. SO I got the wet vac out, John helped me figure out how to work it, then he left.

I sucked and sucked and sucked and sucked!

When Dallin came home he looked in his closet. Every thing was soaking wet. He must have a hundred shirts, all wet. Back packs, boxes, cases, books, everything. The water valve is in the wall of his closet. The pipe broke and shot every where. I don't know if it had been shooting water for the whole time I was power washing (1hr) or what. What a mess.

I've washed 15 loads of cloths.

No more real water is coming up, but the carpet is still real wet. I think I've done all I can do, John will have to look at it when he gets home. We'll probably have to replace a pipe and I'm not making the call on the carpet. We will be having a plummer come next week.

2 comments:

Becky Lewis said...

What an awful thing to be left with. So sorry!

Ryan Cowley said...

At least it didn't happen when you were so sick!