Saturday, March 7, 2009

Resident Woodpecker


One day I heard a loud machine gun like noise on my roof. It didn't take me long to realize that it was a woodpecker because in the house up in Liberty we had one, for 15 years. Now that I'm into taking pictures and I've always been into beautiful things, I wanted to get a picture. I was a little slow in getting to the right spot with my camera the first time I heard him this year. So, when I got there and aimed, he flew off. I was, however, able to catch him in my neighbors tree. It's been about two three weeks, this morning I heard the first, rat tat tat, I ran and got my camera, opened the door, got in the spot, he was sitting so comfortably, and click. GOT HIM! Help me figure out a good name for him, I know that he will be back.

No comments: