Saturday, March 7, 2009

Family

Have you ever wanted something so bad, but didn't know how to get it? I'm not talking about anything as simple as, oh, a car or cloths, a vacation, a new house, money or fame. I'm talking about something that has the possibility of being eternal or long lasting. What I'm talking about is being able to touch another's life, become friends, make a difference, have an everlasting effect, give and show love in it's greatest form, charity, or the pure Love of Christ.

My Brother and his wife were blessed with a very special daughter, well, they have 3 of them actually, but the one that I am talking about right now died 4 months ago, her name is Brooke. A distance and busy families have kept us apart. I often felt very sad that we couldn't or didn't get together more. I always had more love for them then they ever new, but for some reason, the few times we saw each other didn't allow us to really share our lives. I've always wished for more.

While attending Brooke's funeral I felt, for the first time, the closeness, I knew that she and I were suppose to have, but never did. Our hearts touched for a moment in time.

A song had been recorded and played while things were getting ready. Concerto #2 Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini by Rachmaninoff. I immediately recognized this to be a magical moment, a moment that was mine and Brooke's. A moment unlike anything we'd ever shared. I closed my eyes in hopes of keeping this gift for as long as the giver would let me. I felt a softness come into my arms! Nothing needed to be said because everything that was ever needed was felt between both of us at that very moment. We just listened and felt the warmth of love cross between us as the power in this music healed our souls and gave us a hope for a better day.

It's amazing how our lives parallel with each other, and we don't even know it. I will never forget this, and a part of Brooke will be with me for the rest of my life and I hope a part of me will be with her.

I have the rest of my life to live and it will be dedicated in sharing the love that I feel for my family.



3 comments:

Just a bed of roses said...

What a nice spiritual story of Brook, how old was she and was it sudden? Lessons learned and what a neat moment that you recognized some closure or a bonding that helped deal with those feeling of missed opportunities.
Was wonderful to visit with you today, i will follow your blog, had a chance to go through some of it and its just beautiful.
You always have such a nice way of being real and looking at the world more than superficially.And you know what real happiness is...serving gods children no matter where they are.

Just a bed of roses said...

thank you for visiting the shops blog, I see you read further back! Kind of gives you a history of the shop.
You will meet Lisa today, I told her you are coming in, didnt know who you were bringing with you and who's birthday it is.
Jareds family looked so beautiful! Tim has a girl 2 and a step son 7.
Have a fun beautiful day with your family and again thanks for visiting hope you do often.

Just a bed of roses said...

its me again, i tried to email you, it didnt go through. mine is: justabedofrose@hotmail.com maybe if you email me then i can keep your address going. brenda