Tuesday, June 2, 2009

This ones for you Cynthia




OK, this is what I did today. Feel Free to Laugh at me! I got the center of my quilt finished, as you can see, and I put a 2 1/2" strip all the way around that, then I've cut 2 1/2" by 6" strips and have sewed them together and then onto the quilt. It will go all the way around. Then I had to call and reorder another jelly roll. It should be here Thursday. OH THAT'S NOT FUNNY!

Then I was making lunch for my daughter and her children. I wanted to make a raspberry and banana smoothie. I had some beautiful raspberry's. I got all the ing. in the blender, it was very full, and I turned it on. I was very lucky it didn't blow up and go all over. While I was feeling very cool about escaping that fate I turned off the machine. I got out the glass glasses and set them just so. Then I picked up the handle of the blender to pour - and the bottom came off the blender and - the smoothie went all over the cupboard and was running down to the floor. It got all over me and everyone standing behind me. Oh ----! I wanted that smoothie and I was going to eat it. I used a spatula and picked up two glasses. It took 1/2 hour to clean it up. All we could do was laugh!

THEN

I walked my daughter to her car and turned to hurry back in the house to write something down so I wouldn't forget it. I stumbled up the steps and I fell on the porch on my left arm and stomach. Oh ----! I knew I was in a fix because I don't get down that far unless I fall because I can't get back up, bad knees. I turned over and sat on the steps to figure out what to do. In the mean time my daughter had started her car, but she couldn't see me, until she backed out and was headed down the street. As she went by she waved, and I waved back. OK I couldn't hold on to the house with my right hand and I didn't have anything to hold on to with my left hand and my knees just couldn't to it by themselves. I thought of rolling over on to my knees, but I quickly changed my mind. SO I scooted down the steps to the bottom one. With both feet flat on the ground I grabbed a hold of the brick corner of the porch and was able to pull with my arm as I lift with my thighs.

WEW

I got in the house, got my purse and keys and went to Seagull Book and bought me something to read so that I would stay down and put for awhile. I've only read 5 chapters and I love it so much. MASTER by Tony Sorenson.


WHAT A DAY!

3 comments:

Nielson said...

okay--I am so sorry but that must have been quite a sight! I would have scraped that smoothie off the floor too :)

dream quilt create said...

Wow, you did have quite a day! It still sounded like fun though, being with your daughter and grandkids and working on your beautiful quilt and going to an LDS bookstore to get a book that sounds really interesting. Sorry you fell. As I was getting ready to write this, I noticed you dedicated it to me!!!! Thanks Cindy. I will be there at the end of July by the way. Will be driving out with Vanessa to get her car back to Utah.

Just a bed of roses said...

Okay, make me pee my pants! (glad this is private, saying that).
Oh too funny! Falls usually hurt worse the next day, did it?
Boy you know how to take care of yourself...just go buy a great book and forget about the bad stuff. thanks for letting us laugh with you.