Sunday, May 10, 2009

10 Things I Love About My Mom - By JoDell

Well, it's Mother's Day and today I'm giving my mom the gift of a hijacked blog entry. It's almost impossible for me to sumarize my love for my mom into list of a mere 10 items, but these are truly my top 10.

10- I love the way she always fusses over things in an attempt to make them just right. Babies, table settings, party invitations, blog entries etc.

9- I love how she sings to my babies - in the rocking chair, on the porch swing, on the telephone, in the car.

8-I love how much thought, time and love she puts into EVERY quilt or blanket she stitches together. I love how those blankets make me feel when I comfort a crying baby, or tuck my big kids into bed at night or spread them on the lawn for a picnic with friends.

7- I love the way she makes sandwiches - no deli can compare!

6- I love the way she puts her whole heart and soul into serving others - both at home and around the world.

5- I love the way she finds ridiculous amounts of joy in the little things.

4- I love the way she keeps trying even when she gets frustrated or hurt.

3- I love the way she has supported my dad and me and my brothers, many times from the sidelines, as we have fumbled around figuring out who we are.

2- I love the way my mom so deeply loves the Savior and how she has passed that love onto me.

1- I love my mom for, at the tender age of 20, wanting me more than anything else and for the way she has dedicated her whole life to our family.

Happy Mother's Day Mom! I love you!

7 comments:

Just a bed of roses said...

Okay...Jodell you have me crying, seriously. What a list to a mother from her first child. One to treasure forever and ever.
Your mothers children are the best result of your mothers goodness.
She really has made her family a priority and I see you do too. Jodell, you make me laugh out loud at your blogs raising children, love your sense of humor. Wish Martha and Earl were around to see all of you, guess in reality they are peeking down on all of you.

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

I have been so blessed to have been given you as my daughter. I've said it before, I needed a sister, and you got to be her. You've been exactely what I've needed. I am touched dailey by your giving nature and those 4 beautiful children that you have brought into this world. I have everything anyone could ever want.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

This encludes my blogging friends.

dream quilt create said...

What a beautiful love between mother and daughter. Who could ask for anything more? You are both truly blessed and I'm glad that I know you both! Thank you.

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Speaking of "highjacked blogs" - I don't do blogs or facebooks or any of that "high-tech" stuff, so I am using Cindy's blog to comment on the blog that JoDell wrote to Cindy. Geez, what a nutty place this BLOG SPOT stuff is.
Any way, after reading what JoDell wrote, I thought it appropriate to add my thoughts. JoDell is right on! Cindy has always wanted to be a mom, first, formost, in all things and forever. And because of that, as a Dad, I have been greatly blessed with wonderful children and grandchildren whom I dearly love.
So - Cindy the best compliment I can give you is -- THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU! You're the BEST, Number One, Play to Win!
Happy Mother's Day,
Lots of Love,
John

Nielson said...

Happy Mother's day--that is so sweet of Jodell. I love it :)

Ryan Cowley said...

What a sweet daughter! You've taught her well.

Becky Lewis said...

Thank you JoDell and John for sharing your mom and wife with people like me who have grown so much by that compassion she shows to everyone!