Saturday, May 30, 2009

THE STORY OF THE CRAB BUCKET:


ONCE A MAN WALKING ALONG THE BEACH SAW ANOTHER MAN FISHING IN THE SURF WITH A BAIT BUCKET BESIDE HIM. AS HE DREW CLOSER, HE SAW THAT THE BAIT BUCKET HAD NO LID AND HAD LIVE CRABS INSIDE.
"WHY DON'T YOU COVER YOUR BAIT BUCKET SO THE CRABS WON'T ESCAPE?" HE ASKED.
"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND," THE MAN REPLIED, "IF THERE IS ONE CRAB IN THE BUCKET IT WOULD SURELY CRAWL OUT VERY QUICKLY. HOWEVER, WHEN THERE ARE MANY CRABS IN THE BUCKET, IF ONE TRIES TO CRAWL UP THE SIDE, THE OTHERS GRAB HOLD OF IT AND PULL IT BACK DOWN SO THAT IT WILL SHARE THE SAME FATE AS THE REST OF THEM."
SO IT IS WITH PEOPLE. IF ONE TRIES TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT, GET BETTER GRADES, IMPROVE HERSELF, ESCAPE HER ENVIRONMENT, OR DREAM BIG DREAMS, OTHER PEOPLE WILL TRY TO DRAG HER BACK DOWN TO SHARE THEIR FATE.
MORAL OF THE STORY: IGNORE THE CRABS. CHARGE AHEAD AND DO WHAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU. IT MAY NOT BE EASY AND YOU MAY NOT SUCCEED AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE, BUT YOU WILL NEVER SHARE THE SAME FATE AS THOSE WHO NEVER TRY.

I love this place that I am in, in my life. I'm adjusting to being an empty nester (so to speak). I'm finally learning to live with myself by myself. However, I couldn't do it without all of the wonderful creative people I'm around. People that spend most of their time adding softness and style to everything they touch. People that are willing to share who they are and what they think.
I hope that your lives are spared of the crabs that wish to bring you down, but are full, by the angels hoping to build you up.

7 comments:

sepiadreams said...

Hi Cindy, glad you visited my blog so I could find yours...I love this blog about the crabs-ain't it the truth!!! The bottles on my blog are created by my friend felicia in her booth at Lone Star Antiques. They range in price from &8.95 to $13.95 (I think). If you are really interested I can go by there and let you know...Nice to meet you...Hugzz...Tiina...

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JoDell said...

CRABS STINK!!! LOVE YOU!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Cindy,
Here's a link to an old post that will fill you in about Tablescape Thursdays: http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2009/01/pink-saturday-and-our-new-pink-thursday.html
Hope you join in sometime! :-)
Susan

dream quilt create said...

What a great story about the crabs, I agree. I just wish I wash content with the stage of life I'm at right now. I am always torn.....

trash talk said...

First, thank you for stopping by and leaving such a sweet and heartfelt comment. We really do appreciate all the prayers and positive thoughts that come into our lives from folks like you.
Second, this was a great post and so true. Life is too short. I refuse to spend any more time than is necessary on people who drag me down or sap my energy. I am a cheerleader and that's the kind of people I want to be surrounded by...no negatives.
Debbie

Mimi Sue said...

This is so true. Great message. Thanks for coming by my blog today. I love Brenda and her little shop too. I keep telling her I'd work there for free just to play with her things. I'll be back. Mimi